[kde-doc-english]Re: i18n change to solve inconsistencies

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Fri Mar 8 15:47:52 CET 2002

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:41:23 +0100, Rob Kaper wrote:

>We refer to minimise as "Minimise" at some places and then "Iconify" at
>other places. That is rather inconsistent and I think we should get rid of
>Iconify alltogether, especially since it is possible to disable icons in the
>taskbar in which case Iconify doesn't make much sense.
>
>This should even introduce new strings, I guess. I'll send a patch tonight
>for approval, hopefully we can get this right still.

No chance to introduce new strings at this point for cosmetic changes
like this one, sorry. We still have so many inconsistencies in text
strings (just think directory <-> folder) that it doesn't matter if
there is one more.

Which does not mean, of course, that we shouldn't finally fix these
problems after 3.0.

Regards,

Thomas

---