[kde-doc-english]Re: Helping at Kde-doc

Jonathan j.e.drews at att.net
Thu Mar 7 07:10:05 CET 2002

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 12:08, you wrote:
> An easy thing you can do as a first step, if you have KDE from recent CVS
> running:
>
> Go through as many apps as possible, reading the documentation and
> comparing it to the actual app. Note any inconsistencies and either post
> here about them or you can try to fix them yourself. (Write to me if you
> want help with that.)

Hello Jonathan:

 I noticed that the documentation for Kwrites highlighting configuration has
changed significantly. The rest of the documentation is correct. I spent a
good deal of the evening studying these new features and begain writing them
up. I have not gotten too far. So if you want me to stop, I will.
 I noticed that documentation was missing for the "configure background" when
you right click on the desktop. It does exist when the same item is accessed
through the Kmenu -> Control Center. The Documentation for "configure
background" appears to be complete and correct. So this is just a missing sym
link.
 I did not see any documentation for Kformula.  None appeared when I clicked
on the help button in the application. I also found none in the Kde Help
center. I understand that this fine package is no longer maintained?
 I am using CVS of 5 Mar (KDE 2.9.7 RC1).

				Cheers,

				jon-d