[kde-doc-english]Re: Documentation for kdevelop

Eric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Mon Mar 4 11:37:41 CET 2002

Le Lundi 4 Mars 2002 11:16, Ralf Nolden a écrit :
> On Monday, 4. March 2002 10:12, Eric Bischoff wrote:
>
> Hi Eric,

Hi Ralf,

> Shame on us, we have two versions of KDevelop, the one in HEAD that
> contains the KDE 2 Development book (which is what you refer to). That is
> the version that Bernd is working on, so he may schedule things with you
> for the gif images.

It's quite easy to convert GIF => PNG, I am not really worrying about that.

What I'm more worried about is that Bernd does not seem to be writing his doc
in docbook format. Or I misssed something. I can help him out with docbook
with pleasure.

> The other one is in the branch KDE_2_2_BRANCH and that still contains the
> docs in linuxdoc format. I would like to leave those for the moment as they
> are until after the KDE 3 release, but if someone would really take care
> for those and convert them over to docbook so we can exchange them then and
> update the documentation browser to jump to the chapters of the docs that
> would be fine with me.

I don't think it's worth putting efforts anymore on KDE 2.2 branch at this
point. I can convert some linuxdoc to docbook, but if it has no interest for
the HEAD branch then I prefer not starting that.

Note: there is absolutely no problem for the doc browser to jump directly to
the correct chapter. All you have to do is to write the right function call
in your program.