[kde-doc-english]Re: Printing glossary

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Wed Jun 26 21:04:24 CEST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2002 20:39 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:

> As you might guess by now, I am completely dump as far as KDE translations
> are concerned...

No problem. Meanwhile, somebody told me there is only one dependency from
another glossary file to your file. So the problem is much smaller than I
initially thought.

> what are gettext files?

Gettext is a GNU package for software translation which is heavily used by KDE
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html).

> > used by KDE translators (in KBabel). For practical
> > reasons, the XML doc files are converted to this PO format
>
> Which ones? The original or the translated ones?

All this is about translations (which, of course also need copies of the
originals).

> the source was and still is perfectly separate.

No doubt about this. In fact, the question was more directed to the person who
does the split up + integration thing and I CC'ed you only to keep you
informed. Sorry that I did not make this clear enough.

> With the original it is done by the built system. Dunno about translations.
> (Maybe I should install a German KDE and reverse-engineer it...  ;-)

No need to bother. Thank you. ;-)

(But, of course, it would be great, if you could provide us with a German
translation. This is another story, however, which we should talk about in
private mail I guess.)

> Kurt  [ famous for often contributing more confusion than clarification ]

Well, in this case it was obviously me who caused the confusion.

Regards,

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org