[kde-doc-english]<OT> Translation differences

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Thu Jun 6 09:17:02 CEST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 5. Juni 2002 20:15 schrieb Pam R:
> I just came across this story, well worth a read if you are a documentation
> editor or translator.
>

> http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,52901,00.html

This was about what I meant when I said "we should not level out our cultural
differences" (eg http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=101981377001422&w=2)

OTOH, I think we _could_ agree on some basic style requirements and a
consistent terminology (eg in the infamous folder <-> directory thing) and
apply this to existing and upcoming KDE texts. Unfortunately, this is always
only "considered" but nobody of the native speakers seems to be prepared to
actually pick it up and _do_ it so far.

Regards,

Thomas

--