[kde-doc-english]karbon.po

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Sat Jul 6 13:13:40 CEST 2002

Am Samstag, 6. Juli 2002 11:43 schrieb Federico Cozzi:

> On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Malcolm Hunter wrote:
> > > "H:" "S:" "V:" for Hue Saturation and Value
> > > Problem is H and V are also used for Horizontal and Vertical
> > > Can somebody please add context information?
> >
> > This would affect the message freeze though.
>
> I guess this kind of change is allowed in the message freeze, otherwise
> when can we fix bugs in the strings?

All the time -- before the message freeze. ;-)

Seriously: So far the en_GB folks (or should I say: Malcolm?) has been
apparently so kind to keep their translations mostly up to date all the time
and do the proof reading as they go. We also usually have a (short) period of
"soft freeze" when we are approaching the release. What we really try to
avoid are changes due to small typos in the last few weeks before the dead
line.

> Thomas Diehl, what is the policy on message freeze?

String changes for important bug fixes only. I'd say clearing up a string that
otherwise can't be understood correctly (like this one) is a pretty important
bug fix. So, Malcolm, could you please add a comment to that string?

Regards,

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org