[kde-doc-english]kdenetwork/ksirc status

Eric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Mon Feb 25 15:06:10 CET 2002

Hello,

I just finished updating the translation to French of kdenetwork/ksirc. I
really had the (bad) impression I was translating a version of the
application that was neither the version I had not in front of the eyes (I'm
using KDE 2.2, yeah I know I should upgrade), nor the most recent version.

But if you look at http://i18n.kde.org/doc/current.html, ksirc is marked with
a green light. It is contradicted by my impression and by the result of
check_gui_texts:

GUI texts described in the doc, but not existing in the app :

msgid "Chat Colors"
msgid "Color for messages containing your nick"
msgid "Hide..."
msgid "Misc"
msgid "Ticker Mode"
msgid "Wallpaper"

GUI texts that are not exactly reproduced in the doc:

msgid "Background" =>  msgid "Background:"
msgid "Foreground" =>  msgid "Foreground:"
msgid "Join Channel" =>  msgid "Join Channel..."
msgid "New Server" =>  msgid "New Server..."
msgid "Preferences" =>  msgid "Preferences..."

In fact, the situation is worse than what this list shows, because many texts
in the doc are not tagged with tags like <guilabel>, <guibutton> or
<guimenuitem>, so they slip through the cracks when check_gui_texts is
chasing them.

So I would encourage a review to see if this doc really matches with the
version that will be delivered with KDE 3.0. My impression is that they don't
match.