[kde-doc-english]update

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Mon Dec 2 17:10:46 CET 2002

(changing the order of your original email so my answer makes more sense)

Le Monday 02 December 2002 15:27, Frederik Fouvry a écrit:
> If you really want to write it like this, you may, but I don't
> see you wouldn't defined entities for this:
>
> <!ENTITY translatorJoelleCornavin '
> <othercredit role=\"translator\">&nameJoelleCornavin;
> &mailJoelleCornavin;
> <contrib>French translation</contrib>
> </othercredit>'>

Okay, then we agree that we want to base the entities of type (2) on the
entities of type (1). I have no problem with that.

> As to a naming scheme, I propose to use the full name as written
> in the text, separated by dots.  For namesakes, we still have to
> find a solution, but I'm not aware of any as yet.

Yes, this is a good idea.

As not many teams use entities for the people yet, we can affort to convert in
French
	traducteurEricBischoff
	Eric.Bischoff.traducteur
it's just "Yet Another Script" to run in the French docs ;-).

> All these files only contain two entities for everyone: name and
> mail.  Entities like &traducteurEricBischoff; I would still
> define in $LANG/user.entities, to keep the definition of the
> contributor files straightforward across all of KDE.
>
> For someone like you, &Eric.Bischoff; and &Eric.Bischoff.mail;
> are defined in entities/contributor.entities.  In
> fr/contributor.entities, one adds the following line:

This proposal has two drawbacks :

1) it is way too complicated: with contributor.entities in two different
places, I can predict a huge mess

2) this is exactly what I didn't want : a file for the &Eric.Bischoff;
entities, and another one for &Eric.Bischoff.traducteur;. I would like this
stuff to be in the same file to _enforce_ the usage of entities like
&Eric.Bischoff.traducteur;.

We could put everything in contributor.entities, which would be language
specific, as user.entities currently is. So every translation team would keep
control upon its own contributors list, including the editors team.

> It could also be considered to define _all_ names in the general
> contributor.entities file.  That may be simpler, but it increases
> the number of defined entities.  Opinions on this are welcome
> (before I start adding contributor.entities for the languages,
> 'cause that teeeedious ;-).

Yes, please let's agree on the details before we implement anything.

I would even like it to the point where we can do the first version of
contributor.entities automatically out of the docbook files !

--
Journalist: "What do you think about occidental civilization?"
Gandhi: "That would be an excellent idea."