[kde-doc-english]Suggestion - Konqueror

Pam R pamroberts at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 21:26:35 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 2:02 pm, Éric Bischoff wrote:
> Hi doc writers,
>
> I just had a look at the web site for Konqueror
>
> 	http://www.koffice.org
>
> and I've noticed in the "Learn" section on the left side a lot of valuable
> information about Konqueror which I feel could be added with profit to the
> DocBook documentation for Konqueror:
> - Konquror as a Web Browser, File Manager, and Universal Viewer
> - The FAQ
> - Konqueror + Java HOWTO
>
> Comments, criticism, flames ?
>
> (and NO - I have not the time to do it myself ;-) )

Hi Éric

I'm in the middle of updating the Konqueror handbook, and your email is a
useful input - thank you.

But, thinking aloud as it were, the Q&A section of the handbook was based
largely on the  http://www.konqueror.org FAQ, when it was relatively small. I
could update it to include the new stuff from the FAQ but that has grown
considerably over the last year which would make for a rather large Q&A
section (and a lot more work for the translators). Perhaps it would be better
just to include a link to http://www.konqueror.org/faq.html .That way it
would also be more up to date.

And I deliberately didn't include the Konqueror + Java HOWTO hints in the
Handbook because again they are fairly large and I thought that they would be
of relatively limited use - most KDE users I think will have it installed as
part of a distro and the work of incorporating Java would have been done by
the distro packagers. But I did include a link to
http://www.konqueror.org/konq-java.html, which has the advantage that as time
passes it may well be more up to date than anything in the Handbook.

Just my 0.02euro though, does anyone else have thoughts about this?

--
Pam R: Don't put off until tomorrow what you can leave to the day after.