[kde-doc-english]KOffice : Problem with translations of KWord's doc (6 languages)

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Sun Aug 18 10:39:28 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I hope not too much people are on vacation so we can handle the following
problem.

In HEAD branch, the latest commits are:

	koffice/doc/kword/index.docbook
	release 1.90
	dated 2002/08/07 04:02:05

	kde-i18n/templates/docs/koffice/kword.pot
	release 1.40
	dated 2002/07/25 00:36:23

This means, if I'm not wrong, that the template is older than the DocBook
file. And as the markup structure changed, update_xml will fail, and the
translated main file of the documentation for KWord won't be stored in the
translations.

I'm back from vacation so I don't exactly know the exact schedule, but I
seemed to understand that there's a release of KOffice planned for tomorrow
Monday, is that right ?

The teams that have worked on this documentation (da, en_GB, es, nl,  sl, xh)
and that want to fix this can do the following :
	- run xml2pot manually to regenerate the template
	- merge with their own translation
	- translate the fuzzies and untranslated messages that will appear
	  (about a hundred messages)
	- re-run update_xml
(the French translation is already fixed with that method).

I'm hesitating to store an updated template and to merge to every language
now, because I don't want to introduce even more entropy (Coolo?).

Sorry in advance if I missed any point. If I'm correct, would it be a reason
to delay the release by a few days ? I find it sad that people spent many
efforts translating KWord's documentation and that the result is broken.

--
Éric Bischoff