[kde-doc-english]Re: GUI: Capitialization

Pablo de Vicente pvicentea at wanadoo.es
Thu Apr 4 10:16:13 CEST 2002

El Jue 04 Abr 2002 02:32, Ryan Cumming escribió:

> On April 3, 2002 15:47, Ryan Cumming wrote:
> > If this captialization is no longer the preferred style, I -strongly-
> > suggest that you update the styleguide to reflect that change.
>
> Assuming that some person or some group decided to change the preferred
> capitialization guidelines without updating the styleguide, why? The vast
> majority of KDE applications were already conforming to styleguide
> captialization. For instance, I could only find one flaw in all of KMail.
> In many cases, a dialog was using styleguide-style capitialization
> everywhere, with the exception of one or two widgets.
>
> It would be an unimaginably vast task to convert all of KDE to another
> style. Is there any usability or translation benefit to using book title
> capitialization everywhere that I'm not aware of?

 As a matter of fact in the spanish team we have supressed book title
capitalization everywhere in KDE, since KDE 2.1. We had a long discussion in
our team and since book capitalization is incorrect in the spanish grammar
except for book titles, we do not use it, even if it does not follow the KDE
styleguide. We believed this item of the styleguide was not appliable for our
language.

regards,

Pablo de Vicente