[kde-doc-english]Re: Translating of jokes in programs.

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Fri Apr 26 16:54:27 CEST 2002

> Just to reiterate my point of view (which has been discussed here a couple
> of times):
> directory: physical space on disk or an entry in filesystem table
> folder: visualization of the above, sth the user interacts with in
> konqueror or sees on his/her desktop, in broader sense also all virtual,
> mail etc. folders. "New folder" makes perfect sense in RMB menu on
> desktop (because as a result user sees a new 'folder' on the desktop) but
> "directory" seems a choice better in all lower-level operations (you
> aren't going to change 'cd' into 'cf', are you?).

I can't really see the distinction. It is a very grey area where you use one
or the other. Looking through the .pot files, most strings seem to "work"
with
folder.

"Unable to create directory" is talking about the lower-level, but that
could be an error from selecting "Create Folder".

Regards,
Malcolm

--
KDE Proof Reading Team