[kde-doc-english]Re: Translating of jokes in programs.

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Fri Apr 26 15:45:41 CEST 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:14:58 +0100, Malcolm Hunter wrote:

>> So in our translations we should get rid of directories in favor of
>> folders? I have never heard about this idea, but I will be having much free
>> time on 1-6 of May and I could replace dirs with folders if you want to.

This was pretty much agreed upon in i18n-doc and doc-english quite some
time ago. "Pretty much" means "not entirely" however.

Also I would really notify devel and core-devel first before actually
starting the transition. This is quite a big change which affects
practically everybody. And there should also be a clear directive on
how to handle references to command line environments, man pages etc.
where "directory" probably should stay as it is. We won't change the
Unix/Linux usage here.

Finally, I still think it would be helpful if the proof reading team
would put up a web page with a short mission statement, guidelines
which already exist, guidelines which are still under discussion,
contact info, reference to the style guide draft etc. A "package name"
of your own for the bugbase may also help.

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/