[kde-doc-english]New on the list

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Fri Apr 19 13:44:00 CEST 2002

On Friday 19 April 2002 10.43, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> Am Freitag, 19. April 2002 10:24 schrieb Lauri Watts:
> > The proofreading team
> > has been another wonderful advance for the consistency and grammatical
> > correctness of the handbooks.  The final result is, we really don't have
> > any specific style-guides, just a few very brief guidelines, which you'll
> > find here: http://i18n.kde.org/doc/content.html
>
> Hmm, has the proof reading team already found the time to look at this
> document itself? I'm seeing things like these:
> ---
> In this context `3' is not technically signifigant. Numbers with technical
> signifigance should be written as figures.
> ---
> Which probably should read "significant" and "significance" respectively.
> (Also I think it should be "patronizing" instead of "patronising" ;-))

Heh, I often wonder how much of Malcolms fixes result from my difficulty in
learning to spell things wrong.  And then there's significant, which has no
defense, especially when we put on that page the emphasis on using a spell
checker.

There's days I just shouldn't have got out of bed, I think this is one :)

Lauri