[kde-doc-english]Re: GUI: Capitialization

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Thu Apr 4 10:36:05 CEST 2002

Am Donnerstag, 4. April 2002 10:16 schrieb Pablo de Vicente:

> > It would be an unimaginably vast task to convert all of KDE to another
> > style. Is there any usability or translation benefit to using book
> > title capitialization everywhere that I'm not aware of?
>
>  As a matter of fact in the spanish team we have supressed book title
> capitalization everywhere in KDE, since KDE 2.1. We had a long discussion
> in our team and since book capitalization is incorrect in the spanish
> grammar except for book titles

In German it wouldn't be even correct for book titles. To my knowledge,
there is not even a proper German term for this kind of capitalization.
Therefore, we never discussed this, for German this was just a non-issue.
The KDE style guide can only be used for (US) English in this regard.

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/
Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/