How to deal with fully LLM-generated merge requests
Jin Liu
m.liu.jin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:17:45 BST 2026
Vlad Zahorodnii <vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org> 于 2026年9月10日周四 15:27写道:
>
> I suggest that we update our guidelines to say that it is okay to close
> merge requests that have clear signs of being fully generated by LLMs
> right away.
>
Or we can have an (optional?) LLM policy that you can link to or include in
Contributing.md, in which instead of "it's ok to close", we can say "will
be closed".
(Or multiple versions of policies maintainers can choose from.)
If I were a user trying to making some kwin change with LLM, I'd like to be
told a clear "no" before starting. Maybe the "canary" idea could even make
LLM somehow educating me about the policy?
-Jin Liu
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-devel/attachments/20260910/e157ebd2/attachment.htm>
More information about the kde-devel
mailing list