REUSE CI Check updated to Spec 3.2

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Fri Sep 13 16:54:08 BST 2024

On Thursday, September 12, 2024 9:52:20 PM CEST Julius Künzel wrote:
[...]
> I just tried to port Kdenlive to REUSE.toml using the `reuse convert-dep5`
> tool:
> https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/merge_requests/535/diffs
>
>  However now it complains about REUSE.toml itself not having a license info:
>
> ```
> # MISSING COPYRIGHT AND LICENSING INFORMATION
>
> The following files have no copyright and licensing information:
>
> * REUSE.toml
> ```
> https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/jobs/2117561
> This seems wrong to me. Non of the examples in the documentation has a
> license info for REUSE.toml itself either.
>
> Any idea what's wrong here?

Hi Julius, this is an unfortunate upstream issue, currently being discussed
here https://github.com/fsfe/reuse-tool/issues/1040 To my reading it requires
a bugfix update of the specification. So it will take a little bit of time for
this to be solved.

My suggestion would be nearly the same as Carmen's, i.e. to put a copyright
header at the top of the file, saying:

# SPDX-FileCopyrightText: none
# SPDX-License-Identifier: CC0-1.0

Cheers,