REUSE CI Check updated to Spec 3.2

Julius Künzel jk.kdedev at smartlab.uber.space
Thu Sep 12 20:52:20 BST 2024

Am 11. September 2024 um 19:45 schrieb "Johnny Jazeix" <jazeix at gmail.com>:

> Le mer. 11 sept. 2024 à 19:20, Johnny Jazeix <jazeix at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> > Le mer. 11 sept. 2024 à 18:50, Andreas Cord-Landwehr
> >
> >  <cordlandwehr at kde.org> a écrit :
> >
> >  Hi, this is a short heads-up that the CI check for "reuse-lint" is now updated
> >
> >  to version fsfe/reuse:4, which in practical terms mean that now the linter
> >
> >  checks for conformance with REUSE Spec 3.2. -- No projects should start to
> >
> >  fail with this update (I manually checked the repositories known to be hit by
> >
> >  an upstream problem earlier this year). Yet, if you suddenly see the linter
> >
> >  fail in your project and its complains do not make sense, please reach out to
> >
> >  me if you need help in fixing them.
> >
> >  This update notably brings a few very cool new license annotation features:
> >
> >  - .dep5 files are deprecated and can (and should because they are much better)
> >
> >  by REUSE.toml files
> >
> >  - there is snippet annotation support
> >
> >  - there is snippet linter disabling support
> >
> >  For details, please see the spec:
> > https://reuse.software/spec-3.2/
> >
> >  Cheers,
> >
> >  Andreas
> >
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  is there a tool to convert dep5 to toml format? For GCompris, it's a
> >
> >  3700 lines file so I would prefer to avoid do it manually :).
> >
> >  Cheers,
> >
> >  Johnny
> >

> There is a tool: PendingDeprecationWarning: '.reuse/dep5' is
>
> deprecated. You are recommended to instead use REUSE.toml. Use `reuse
>
> convert-dep5` to convert.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Johnny

Hi Andreas,

thanks for taking care!

I just tried to port Kdenlive to REUSE.toml using the `reuse convert-dep5` tool:
https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/merge_requests/535/diffs

 However now it complains about REUSE.toml itself not having a license info:

```
# MISSING COPYRIGHT AND LICENSING INFORMATION

The following files have no copyright and licensing information:

* REUSE.toml
```
https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/jobs/2117561
This seems wrong to me. Non of the examples in the documentation has a license info for REUSE.toml itself either.

Any idea what's wrong here?

Cheers,
Julius

 https://invent.kde.org/jlskuz
Julius Künzel
Volunteer KDE Developer, mainly hacking Kdenlive
KDE GitLab: www.invent.kde.org/jlskuz https://invent.kde.org/jlskuz
Matrix: @jlskuz:kde.org https://go.kde.org/matrix/#/@jlskuz:kde.org