Fwd: kio-gdrive changes needed to conform to new Google requirements

Björn Strömberg bjorn.stromberg86 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 06:08:18 GMT 2024

same as last mail, forgot to send to ML

From: Björn Strömberg <bjorn.stromberg86 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 7:01 AM
Subject: Re: kio-gdrive changes needed to conform to new Google requirements
To: Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org>

Hello Lydia Pintscher,

sounds great that someone in the KDE board of directors is down here, i got
an idea for you guys!

google change the rules on gdrive! then the board will start figuring out
how we're going to replace gdrive with kdrive!

a solution that looks like gdrive from the users perspective, and is stored
on a selfhosted and/or community hosted solution!

best way to handle bullies like google is to replace them with something
better!
selfhosted or community hosted solutions are better than google 7 days a
week...

with kind easter regards from Sweden
/Björn