Markdown Tools - Request for a Sponsor

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 06:01:03 GMT 2024

Good Sunday to you all.

On 16.03.2024 23:41, Loren Burkholder wrote:
> Just brainstorming here - do you think it would be possible to integrate the features from Markdown Tools into Ghostwriter?

I didn't see code of Ghostwriter, so I don't know. I know that
Ghostwriter uses cmark-gfm. My md4qt was born by mistake, I didn't know
about cmark-gfm and wrote md4qt, that is very modern in Markdown way.  I
just don't know if it even possible with cmark-gfm to implement all
features that I have.

But I have a counter-question: Is it possible to move Ghostwriter's HTML
preview into markdownpart?

>   IMO it doesn't make sense for KDE to have two competing Markdown editors, but it sounds like Markdown Tools has some very useful features.

This is true, out of the box I have LaTeX Math expressions preview, code
highlighting, different just GitHub's things, like:

 > [!NOTE]

And many more. I wrote a small GIF to show you something, just go by
link and see.

https://ibb.co/tsW8GdV

>> Guys, try it. It's just a proposal. No is no - and I'm gone.
>>
> Hopefully you stick around even if Markdown Tools ultimately doesn't get integrated into KDE. We can always use more developers!

I have two more applications, that I'd like to propose to KDE. It's not
a proposal yet, but as preview:

https://github.com/igormironchik/gif-recorder

https://github.com/igormironchik/gif-editor

By the way, the above GIF was written with my gif-recorder. I don't
support Wayland yet, and not sure if it even possible, but...