Markdown Tools - Request for a Sponsor

Loren Burkholder computersemiexpert at outlook.com
Sat Mar 16 20:41:14 GMT 2024

On Friday, March 15, 2024 8:53:08 AM EDT Igor Mironchik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Well ghostwriter looks the same one, live HTML preview.. Mmmm, looks nice.
>
> But... My Markdown Tools handle internal links in the HTML preview, it
> can generate HTML preview for all linked Markdown files. Look at the
> menus, try it.
>
> It supports CommonMark 0.31.2 with all major GFM extensions.
>
> It can export to some clever PDF out of the box with handling internal
> links.
>
> A little effort and Markdown Tools will be much more better any existing
> Markdown editor.

Just brainstorming here - do you think it would be possible to integrate the features from Markdown Tools into Ghostwriter? IMO it doesn't make sense for KDE to have two competing Markdown editors, but it sounds like Markdown Tools has some very useful features.

> Guys, try it. It's just a proposal. No is no - and I'm gone.

Hopefully you stick around even if Markdown Tools ultimately doesn't get integrated into KDE. We can always use more developers!

Loren