Implement InputCapture portal as Google SoC project?

Gabe Klavans gabeklav at fastmail.com
Thu Mar 14 01:02:57 GMT 2024

Hello!

I'm a newish software developer and I've had my eye on this issue for
implementing the InputCapture portal in KDE for a while
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/xdg-desktop-portal-kde/-/issues/12. From
my understanding, completing this would enable apps like Synergy and
InputLeap to function under KDE's Wayland session, and I use apps like
this all the time! I have no experience developing for KDE but I would
love to use this as a launchpad for getting involved. I have a
sufficient amount of development experience in several
languages/environments, including C++ and C-based build systems. Does
this seem like a good project proposal for something like Google's SoC?
Or would it be too small/convoluted?

In any case, I just wanted to ask here and see if anyone with more
experience would be willing to serve as a mentor either for a SoC
project or just in general for this feature implementation.

Thanks,
Gabe