Flathub and Snap Store entries for KGeoTag

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jan 2 23:52:19 GMT 2024

El dimarts, 2 de gener de 2024, a les 22:50:07 (CET), Tobias Leupold va escriure:
> Hi all!
>
> As far as I can grasp it, https://apps.kde.org/de/kgeotag/ is automatically
> generated from KGeoTag's appdata.xml file. However, the site lists both
> Flathub and the Snapcraft as a possible installation source for KGeoTag,
> with "KDE" referenced as the publisher on both sites. I never used neither,
> so I don't know much about this besides those two are approaches to provide
> distribution independent packages, without relying on the respective
> package manager.
>
> But what this is about:
>
> On Flathub, one can read "No changelog provided" and "Proprietary: This app
> is not developed in the open, so only its developers know how it works. It
> may be insecure in ways that are hard to detect, and it may change without
> oversight."
>
> Obviously, neither is true ...

For the first one, the changelog should be in the appstream file, you don't have it, so flathub doesn't see it. See the appstream spec, since freedesktop is down at the moment wayback machine!
https://web.archive.org/web/20231116112735/https://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/docs/sect-Metadata-Releases.html

For the second your project-license in appstream file is "wrong" (maybe not wrong, but not what flathub wants, there's lots or complaints on the internet how spdx changed from one to the other and how tools are breaking left and right because of it) instead of GPL-3.0-or-later should probably be GPL-3.0+ (most of our project use the second form and show fine in flathub)

Cheers,
  Albert