KTextTemplate i18n

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 22:52:30 BST 2024

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask a question about
KTextTemplate. I've been looking all over trying to find out where to ask
questions about it, but this email ("Maintainer" on the docs page) is the
only thing that I could find (I'm not on IRC). If this is not the
appropriate place, please point me in the right direction! (I was looking
for a repo's "issues" or "Q&A", but it doesn't exist in the KTextTemplate
repo.)

I am migrating some old Grantlee Template-based code to KTextTemplate and
am looking at internationalization. (Note that I'm using KTextTemplate
independently of everything else KDE - I'm looking to use it in an existing
Qt application.)

>From the docs:

   https://api.kde.org/frameworks/ktexttemplate/html/i18n_l10n.html

   "KTextTemplate provides scripts for extracting translatable strings from
templates."
   "It is quite simple to automate the extraction of translatable strings
in your build process."

I have the KTextTemplate repo and I've looked through the docs and can't
find these scripts anywhere. The docs also don't include an example of
extracting the strings, so I don't even know the names of the scripts I'm
looking for.

A logical place to find these would be a "scripts" directory at the top
level of the repo...

Where might I find these?

Thank you & have a good week!

---