Reviewers needed for distro-deps/ files

Steve Cossette farchord at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 11:44:00 BST 2024

Good morning Ben,

Question about this if you don't mind. I was checking the Fedora list, and
noticed that there was potentially some old packages from Qt5 that
potentially don't need to be there. On top of that, I assume that
maintaining that list is quite taxing as dependencies change every release.

Is there a plan to maybe use the package manager to download the build
dependencies instead? For example, in our case, you can install a package's
build dependencies with dnf (dnf builddep). We could provide you with a
list of frameworks/gear/plasma packages.

This would make it virtually foolproof.