KDE Gear projects with failing CI (master) (6 August 2024)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Aug 8 08:34:11 BST 2024

On Thu, Aug 8, 2024 at 12:00 AM Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Aug 2024 00:55:00 +0200
> Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > okular - 3rd week
> >  * https://invent.kde.org/graphics/okular/-/pipelines/748502
> >   * mac craft packaging fails
>
> I do not have a proper diagnosis as to why this is failing. However,
> the failing lib (libgpg-error) gets pulled in via KF6Wallet. Since only
> the backend executable depends on the lib, it is possible to exclude it
> from the package using blacklisting.
>
> The following blacklist works for us in rkward (we depend on okular for
> craft packaging (for the part)):
>   lib/libKF6WalletBackend.*dylib
>
> --
>
> Side note: Is there any known procedure for testing craft packaging
> changes in the CI, without making changes to the "live" blueprint
> repository? I.e. a way to override blueprints from within a project?

At the moment we don't have anything for this, however CI for Craft in
general is something I'd like to sit down with some folks to discuss at
Akademy.
>From my view this is one of our major pain points currently with all of the
CD infrastructure so it would be good to come up with some solutions - not
sure what shape/form that will take currently.

> Regards
> Thomas

Cheers,
Ben