Reviving lightdm-kde-greeter upstream

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Nov 29 11:06:19 GMT 2023

El dimarts, 28 de novembre de 2023, a les 11:25:42 (CET), Ben Cooksley va
escriure:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 9:51 PM Anton Golubev <golubevan at altlinux.org>
>
> wrote:
> > On 11/25/23 02:14, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > Since you don't seem to be a KDE devel just yet this would probably have
> >
> > to go
> >
> > > through the https://community.kde.org/Incubator program.
> >
> > The instructions on the link say that I need to create a new project on
> > invent.kde.org, but it already exists[3]? what should I do? (A quick
> > search on the list did not yield any examples)
>
> This is the first time that the revival of a project that has been archived
> on invent.kde.org has taken place, so we're in new territory.
> The whole point of archival of these projects though is to allow for them
> to be restored later on.
>
> To proceed here, we first will need to get you a developer account - this
> can be handled under the Incubator program, so you'll need everything that
> goes along with that.
>
> From there, we can reinstate the unmaintained project and transfer it to an
> appropriate namespace (likely Plasma given this is a workspace component,
> and would be consistent given the SDDM KCM lives there as well).

Not sure if Plasma would make sense here unless the Plasma team actually wants
it, since AFAIU everything under Plasma gets released on Plasma releases,
which may not be what is wanted here.

Anyhow, do we have someone that wants to help Incubate this?

Cheers,
  Albert