Reviving lightdm-kde-greeter upstream

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Nov 28 10:25:42 GMT 2023

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 9:51 PM Anton Golubev <golubevan at altlinux.org>
wrote:

> On 11/25/23 02:14, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Since you don't seem to be a KDE devel just yet this would probably have
> to go
> > through the https://community.kde.org/Incubator program.
>
> The instructions on the link say that I need to create a new project on
> invent.kde.org, but it already exists[3]? what should I do? (A quick
> search on the list did not yield any examples)

This is the first time that the revival of a project that has been archived
on invent.kde.org has taken place, so we're in new territory.
The whole point of archival of these projects though is to allow for them
to be restored later on.

To proceed here, we first will need to get you a developer account - this
can be handled under the Incubator program, so you'll need everything that
goes along with that.

>From there, we can reinstate the unmaintained project and transfer it to an
appropriate namespace (likely Plasma given this is a workspace component,
and would be consistent given the SDDM KCM lives there as well).
That will have to be done by a Sysadmin so please file a ticket once you
have a developer account. That will also allow us to facilitate catching up
the original KDE repository with the subsequent contributions that happened
in your Gitlab.com repository.

Cheers,
Ben