QML: a packagers nightmare. Assistance please.

Scarlett Moore scarlett.gately.moore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 11:22:33 GMT 2023

Hi everyone,
As we progress through the Qt6 transition I have been trying to keep
up on our QML dependencies and I keep tripping over circular
dependency nightmare. We switched to a mega package format which
includes qml modules. So we have big issues when frameworks like kwin
depends on plasma-workspace. Introduced here:

https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/commit/028dd552cfb9d826b40b9620d869c98d2aa3dca3?page=2

Is it intended that qml modules in plasma-workspace are allowed to be
used by frameworks? Are we wrong to bundle QML inside a mega package
or is the framework wrong for depending on QML further up the stack?
Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Scarlett