Flatpak Manifest Licensing

Justin Zobel justin.zobel at gmail.com
Fri May 19 01:26:37 BST 2023

Hey Everyone,

As Binary Factory is to be shut down soon we are moving the Flatpak
manifests to their individual GitLab repositories.

Most of this is fairly simple, however, some GitLab repositories have
enabled reuse linting (which is great). The Flatpak manifests I have
come across so far have not had any licensing information included. This
email is just to start a discussion about what everyone's thoughts are
about which license to apply for them.

The GitLab CI files are licensed as CC0-1.0 and I'm thinking that this
might be a suitable license as the Flatpak manifest files are simply
text files.
# SPDX-FileCopyrightText: None
# SPDX-License-Identifier: CC0-1.0

Let me know your thoughts.