How to set PATH for Dolphin servicemenu

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel at yandex.ru
Thu May 11 20:47:35 BST 2023

Please, use "reply all" in the mail client so that discussion gets duplicated on
the list and someone else may come up with ideas and what not.

So, it's, interesting: actually, I just realized that both /etc/environment and
/etc/profile as well as ~/.profile are all read by shells. I never thought about
that.

So, if you modified your ~/.profile file, I would presume it should work (I
never tried though, just judging by what I just read on the topic), however I
think you need to restart DE (that is, log out and log back in) for these
changes to start working. That is because your DE would need to get launched
with these env. variables, and then it would launch ".desktop" file apps using
the environment it got.