developer account set up

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel at yandex.ru
Sun May 7 16:54:18 BST 2023

On Sun, 2023-05-07 at 17:21 +0200, Nate Graham wrote:
> There's also no reason anymore why they need to use a work branch in the
> main repo; a fork works just fine. I do nearly all of my development
> using personal forks; it's a 100% supported first-class citizen experience.

+1

I remember when we were integrating Gitlab at work, people for some reason were
attempting to create branches in the upstream repo rather than on their own
fork. Had to do some explanation that this isn't the way to go, because after an
year of such workflow upstream will end up with hundreds if not thousands of
abandoned branches that serve no purpose, and who's gonna clean that up 🤷‍♂️
Especially given that people may come and go, and so in some cases you wouldn't
even find an author of a branch (and in some cases it's hard to even figure out
who could be the author in the first place).