Tellico failing CI with exiv2 error

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Jul 7 12:25:58 BST 2023

On Fri, Jul 7, 2023 at 5:31 AM Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org>
wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 6. Juli 2023, 18:43:50 CEST schrieb Kai Uwe Broulik:
> >  > Probably libexiv2 on the CI host was updated to libexiv2 0.28, but
> >  > KFileMetaData was not rebuilt. Automatic dependency tracking for
> >
> > artifacts
> >
> >  > from the CI system is obviously incomplete (or likely nonexistent).
> >
> > Isn’t that (among other things) the reason kexiv2 exists?
>
> Does not help if kexiv2 is not rebuilt and deployed as artifact when exiv2
> on
> the image changed in a incompatible version?

Correct.

> Triggered the needed manual rerun of kfilemetadata now, so the exiv plugin
> artifact is updated to the match the current base image. Also reran the
> tellico jump afterwards, seems to pass now again.

Thanks for sorting that.

> Curious: are the images regenerated automatically or manually? in both
> cases,
> triggering also seed runs should be something part of that process? As we
> seem
> to run into such things again and again?

The images are only rebuilt manually, to ensure we control when changes
take place.

Unfortunately the build of the images took longer than I had anticipated
due to various issues, so sleep was required before it was completed
(meaning I couldn't hit start on the ci-management jobs)

> Cheers
> Friedrich

Cheers,
Ben