Tellico failing CI with exiv2 error

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Jul 7 12:23:01 BST 2023

On Fri, Jul 7, 2023 at 3:53 AM Stefan Brüns <stefan.bruens at rwth-aachen.de>
wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 6. Juli 2023 17:43:11 CEST Robby Stephenson wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Can anyone help with a failing CI test for Tellico? It just started
> > recently, and looks to be due to kfilemetadata not finding the libexiv2
> > library. I'm not sure what might have changed. Nothing in recent Tellico
> > commits seems to be related.
>
> Broken CI setup. KFiletaData was apparently built against libexiv2 0.27,
> which
> cannot be found on the CI host.
>
> Probably libexiv2 on the CI host was updated to libexiv2 0.28, but
> KFileMetaData was not rebuilt. Automatic dependency tracking for artifacts
> from the CI system is obviously incomplete (or likely nonexistent).

The CI images were updated yes, and an unfortunate consequence of us being
forced to use a rolling release distribution is that we do occasionally hit
binary incompatibilities such as this one.

The CI tooling itself does it's best to handle incompatibilities within KDE
software, however it does assume the underlying stack is stable.
Given that a full rebuild is usually warranted when the underlying stack
does change, this is a reasonable assumption to make.

Cheers,
Ben