"Gardening" old bugreports

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Thu Jan 19 00:35:42 GMT 2023

Hi,

can we please put the effort of "gardening" old bugreports on hold until
we figured out whether this is actually something we want to do? Several
people already expressed concerns about this.

Improperly applied such mass changes can do more harm than good. We may
close bugreports that are actually still useful just because nobody
replied on then in a relatively short timeframe.

Properly cleaning up old bugreports is important. However, it requires
some level of care and expertise to judge whether a bugreport is still
useful. Judging by the volume of bugreports that is pinged with the same
copy&paste message this care is not  applied here.

At minimum such initiatives should be announced and discussed before
doing them, to allow people to give their input on the proposal. I am
not aware of any such announcement/discussion.

Cheers

Nicolas