Registration

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel at yandex.ru
Tue Jan 17 08:36:57 GMT 2023

Indeed, given web sites are usually maintained by system administrators and that
there's also a "sysadmin" KDE mailing list, I have no idea what are you doing
here.

With that said, I'm not sure you will get any help at all after the amount of
insults you've done. I see someone elsewhere in the discussion even started to
troll you, I don't think that is a good reaction either.

Anyway, in terms of future advice: please apply Hanlon's Razor, it is most often
correct, i.e. no one attempted to attribute malice to you. People make mistakes
(like the one with the site), which Hanlon's razor describes as well.

Also, vast majority of KDE contributors aren't funded (and I'm sure no one by
you specifically), so nobody has obligations to you.

Try to understand that and try to be calmer the next time you attempt to
collaborate with any project, be it KDE or something else. If anything,
insulting maintainers of a project you're interested in just impacts moral
resources of its maintainers, hence impacts you specifically as a user of that
project, as it may make maintainer procrastinate due to stress the project just
brought thanks to you.

For example, there's one big project I'm not gonna name for translating API
calls to analogous ones on other systems. It's hard to contribute to for an
outsider, which I experienced twice, I currently have a patch addressing serious
usability problem that no amount of pinging makes to either merge or at least to
review. It's just ignored. That annoys me, but do I insult them? Of course no,
it is an active project (mostly due to paid developers) which I'm using, so what
good would insulting them do? Nothing.