Bringing Cantata under the KDE umbrella?

Heiko Becker heiko.becker at kde.org
Mon Feb 20 22:29:55 GMT 2023

On Monday, 20 February 2023 13:18:02 CET, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 12:28 AM Heiko Becker <heiko.becker at kde.org> wrote:
> Part of the incubation process is to gather what's the team working on it.
> https://community.kde.org/Incubator/Projects/DescriptionTemplate
>
> It feels wrong to incubate a project that is already out of
> development. Especially when we already have a number of music
> players...

The original author just switched to LMS, which apparently suited his
usecase better. Considering the responses in this thread and the 165 forks
on github, I think it's not really too bold to assume there's still
interest in Cantata though.

If the team size is a critical problem, I could just do this on my personal
github, see if its gets any traction and attracts helping hands and revisit
this discussion at some point in the future.

Regards,
Heiko