Ask about new KDE functionnalities.

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Fri Apr 28 15:00:09 BST 2023

Am 28.04.23 um 12:14 schrieb Nicolas Lécureuil:
> Hello,
>
> i don't know if i post on the good ML but i have a friend searching
> for developpers to mostly integrate ChatGPT into KDE. He accepts to
> contribute financially.
>
> "
>     I don't know if it's possible, but for example, I would like to
> allow the generation and saving of configuration files from the UI.
>     integrate "a chatGPT" to enable script generation within the
> graphical environment and thus execute these scripts: for example,
> read the headers of a message and its attachments and suggest saving
> the email "in a hard copy" (.eml) to the hard drive with the
> attachments, with the help of voice and multiple choice help bubbles.
>     for me, ChatGPT should be an everyday aid and from what I see, it
> doesn't seem super complicated to integrate.
>     I am willing to finance the project, but I don't know how much it
> would cost.
>     I would also like to have some software modified, such as OKULAR,
> dolphin, etc.
> "
>
> if you know better places to ask this, please tell :-)

Hi,

you are approaching this from the wrong direction. You should not be
asking "How can I integrate ChatGPT into KDE?", rather you need to ask
"What problem do I want to solve and how?" and if the answer to that is
ChatGPT (or AI in general, let's not conflate the two), then the
question becomes whether and how we can use that in KDE.

Otherwise you have a solution looking for a problem, which is rarely a
good idea. And unless your problem is "How to I generate
plausible-appearing text given an input prompt" ChatGPT is likely not
the solution.

Cheers

Nico