Say hello to Discourse! | KDE's new forum

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Tue Apr 4 10:11:46 BST 2023

Hello KDE community!

As many of you know, KDE is now using Discourse as its forum. If you
haven't already, sign up and try it out here:

   https://discuss.kde.org/

The forum provides new opportunities for community building and sharing
information between contributors and across projects. Here developers
can brainstorm new ideas, plan new features, announce updates,
collaborate, recruit and onboard new contributors, banter, and generally
interact closely with the people who actively contribute to KDE, as well
as fellow users. It is a place to keep everyone, whether contributor or
user, informed about the exciting work you are doing at KDE.

The previous forum is still available, but the archived contents are
read-only. Please note: this means we will need to replace references to
forum.kde.org in the KDE codebase soon so people reach the correct forum
(H/T fusionfuture):

https://lxr.kde.org/search?%21v=kf5-qt5&_filestring=&_string=forum.kde.org

As the internal communications project develops, Discourse may become a
key channel going forward.

Cheers,
Joseph

--
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
KDE Internal Communications & KDE Eco Community Manager

Generally available Monday-Thursday from 10-16h CET/CEST. Outside of
these times it may take a little longer for me to respond.

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!
Website: https://eco.kde.org
Mastodon: @be4foss at floss.social