List Flatpak runtime dependencies in a page

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Sep 11 22:59:32 BST 2022

On Sat, Sep 10, 2022 at 11:14 AM TheEvilSkeleton
<theevilskeleton at riseup.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the moment, as an outsider, it's quite difficult to check what dependencies the KDE runtime provides. We have to check through the manifest, which in my opinion is quite unintuitive.
>
> To address that, I suggest a centralized page that lists these dependencies. My current idea is to list these dependencies along with freedesktop.org, elementary and GNOME runtime dependencies.
>
> The idea is, well, an idea at best. I haven't thought of the implementation details or the interface of the page yet. I want to know if KDE is on board with this (as well as fd.o, elementary and GNOME).
>
> I opened issue #1476 in the freedesktop-sdk repository to discuss it in one place. If KDE and other organizations are on board with this idea, then it would be fantastic! This will certainly help developers a lot.
>
> Thank you for the consideration,
> TheEvilSkeleton

I am not sure what you want us to be on board with.

Can you create a tool that extracts the dependencies in apps and
runtimes and presents them to users? Of course.

I guess the question is, what do you really want from us? :D

I don't think it's a matter of rallying communities around but rather
to care enough to sit down and put it together.

Aleix