List Flatpak runtime dependencies in a page

TheEvilSkeleton theevilskeleton at riseup.net
Fri Sep 9 15:23:51 BST 2022

Hi,

At the moment, as an outsider, it's quite difficult to check what
dependencies the KDE runtime provides. We have to check through the
manifest, which in my opinion is quite unintuitive.

To address that, I suggest a centralized page that lists these
dependencies. My current idea is to list these dependencies along with
freedesktop.org, elementary and GNOME runtime dependencies.

The idea is, well, an idea at best. I haven't thought of the
implementation details or the interface of the page yet. I want to know
if KDE is on board with this (as well as fd.o, elementary and GNOME).

I opened issue #1476
<https://gitlab.com/freedesktop-sdk/freedesktop-sdk/-/issues/1476> in
the freedesktop-sdk repository to discuss it in one place. If KDE and
other organizations are on board with this idea, then it would be
fantastic! This will certainly help developers a lot.

Thank you for the consideration,
TheEvilSkeleton