New releases for bugfixes

samuel ammonius sfammonius at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 22:53:04 BST 2022

> and you marry upstream binaries with the distribution update-manager how?

You don't need to. The app can just check the latest bugfix for that
version on git
and install it if it isn't installed. I don't understand why you stress the
need for the
package manager to have anything to do with the update if it's just a bug
fix.

> in the way that distributions have different library versions

Ok, I think I get your point. Some libraries add/remove/replace features
and KDE
projects may be using macros to make all library versions work. I hadn't
thought
of that.

> bla

So the teensy weensy security risk is suddenly a huge deal and when I try
to fix it for you I'm talking nonsense?

> more space than some of my systems at a whole

It's like 30 megabytes.

> a little bit of more realistic view for such nosense would be nice too
> if anything you propose would become real i had to switch away from KDE

If you got a notification saying "Minor bug fix released for Kate. Would
you like
to install an update without using the package manager?", would it be so bad
that you would drop KDE? Because that's all I was suggesting (only without
the
"without the package manager" part because I was just communicating my
point).