Gitlab CI Dashboards and retirement of build.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Sep 3 20:37:53 BST 2022

On Sat, Sep 3, 2022 at 10:12 PM Johannes Zarl-Zierl <johannes at zarl-zierl.at>
wrote:

> Hi Ben,

Hey Johannes,

> Thanks for the reminder!
>
> On a related note: would it be possible to add badges for CI/CD status to
> repositories?
>
> Quite a few projects (used to) have this in their README.md, but if I
> unterstand the situation correctly, Gitlab CI doesn't produce a
> build-status badge that one can link to.
>
> Examples:
>
> https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/blob/master/README.md
>
> https://invent.kde.org/graphics/kphotoalbum/-/blob/master/README.md
>
> https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/blob/master/README.md

Gitlab provides a limited selection of badges - which can be found at:
- https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/badges/master/pipeline.svg
- https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/badges/master/coverage.svg
- https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/badges/release.svg

(replace project path and "master" as appropriate)

Note that the Release badge relies on the Gitlab Releases feature being
utilised, so that will likely not be usable for any of our projects.
Likewise, our Cobertura coverage job currently doesn't have the necessary
regular expression configured so that one also won't work - however the
general "Pipeline" one should work fine.

Unfortunately Gitlab does not support generating per job badges based on
job names.

> Cheers,
>
>   Johannes

Regards,