Cleaning up cdash.org integration, what to do, or any hidden usage still?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Sep 2 11:20:50 BST 2022

Hi,

(cc: kde-devel for heads-up, please reply only to kde-core-devel).

we stumbled over some CTestConfig.cmake files in some of the KDE git
repositories. Which seem to originate from a time where people worked on
integration with cdash.org, that is a decade ago :)

It seems though this integration no longer is maintained:
* no KDE projects seem listed on cdash.org anymore:
  https://my.cdash.org/viewProjects.php?allprojects=1
* the KDEUtilsNightly.cmake seems to have found no counterpart in the ECM
  world. The only reference seen is the check for the presence of a
  CTestConfig.cmake file and the inclusion of the CTest module in that case.

With KDE's deployment of first Jenkins and now Gitlab CI around the purpose of
the integration with cdash.org also seems no longer needed, by what I
understand?

So can we state that this cdash integration is officially no longer done, and
thus we can clean up any traces of it, for clean and non-confusing data &
code?

Are there any other things left to do to clean up this, besides the following?

T1) Remove any remaining CTestConfig.cmake files from KDE repos.

T2) Remove support in KDECMakeSettings for deal with CTestConfig.cmake files:
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/extra-cmake-modules/-/merge_requests/295

T3) Add a note on the respective Wiki page about being outdated:
https://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake/DashboardBuilds

Cheers
Friedrich