Copying po/docbook files to repositories nightly

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Oct 12 11:36:30 BST 2022

El dilluns, 10 d’octubre de 2022, a les 22:00:59 (CEST), Albert Astals Cid va
escriure:
> El dilluns, 10 d’octubre de 2022, a les 15:03:14 (CEST), Alvin Wong va
>
> escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 10/10/2022 5:20, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > El divendres, 7 d’octubre de 2022, a les 23:07:38 (CEST), Albert Astals
> > > Cid va>
> > >
> > > escriure:

> > > So we kind of fixed that but that didn't work for your use case because
> > > you're using the EXPORTS_POT_DIR=1 "special" use case
> > >
> > > The gist of the "fix" we did is that we don't copy back to the git repo
> > > the
> > > files that end in _static_.po
> > >
> > > Would able to adapt your StaticMessages.sh so that's the suffix of the
> > > files being generated?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > >    Albert
> >
> > I am not sure we want to change the file names of almost 300 .pot files
> > which may be disrupting to translators.
>
> File renaming will be [mostly] transparent for translators, hardly any
> disruption at all.

Forgot to say. You need to tell us when you do the renaming so we rename all
existing files.

Also the po/ fix you suggested would also work, i feel it's non optimal but if
you prefer to do that it's also acceptable if you documented it well in the
.gitignore for future ourselves to remember why it's there.

Cheers,
  Albert