Configure Language issue in KStars

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Wed Nov 16 09:07:27 GMT 2022

Hello,

For the past few releases, users are unable to switch languages in KStars.
It remains in the system language. This is reported across Linux, MacOS, &
Windows so it is most likely related to some change in KF5.

There was a recent discussion on this topic here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/kde-devel@kde.org/msg13386.html

I checked if we have similar warnings as described here:
https://invent.kde.org/education/labplot/-/merge_requests/173

But I couldn't find similar issues in KStars build logs. When running
KStars, I see this warning:

[2022-11-16T08:02:50.001 +03 WARN ][                       default] -
qrc:/qml/mount/mountbox.qml:428: ReferenceError: xi18n is not defined

Not sure if this is related? Any ideas on what is causing this issue?

--
Best Regards,
Jasem Mutlaq