Fwd: Approval request for feature idea

samuel ammonius sfammonius at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:52:33 BST 2022

Adding this feature won't make the C++ styles disappear. It will only make
it possible for users who don't know how to make a style plugin in C++ to
make their own styles, while other users get to choose between using C++
styles for their performance or using stylesheet styles that may look
better to that user. Besides the performance cost, I didn't understand most
of the items on that chart, but I think the choice to use this feature
should be available for users regardless of the weaknesses QStylesheets may
have, because the existence of the feature won't affect any other choices.

On another note: the performance cost of QStylesheets can be dodged by
making the Style plugin only parse the stylesheet once, and then return the
resulting style to all applications without needing to parse it again.