systemmonitor plasma data engine

Daniel Faust hessijames at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:48:50 GMT 2022

Hi everyone.

I'm the author of a small Plasma widget called Netspeed [1], which uses the
systemmonitor data engine.

This engine comes with ksysguard, which has been replaced by systemmonitor
in some distributions. Some users even have issues installing ksysguard
manually. It looks like without the data engine I will have to sunset the
widget.

Are there plans to maintain the systemmonitor data engine as part of a
different or a separate package? Or are there any alternatives to using the
systemmonitor data engine?

I would appreciate any information on this issue.

Greetings
Daniel Faust

[1] https://github.com/dfaust/plasma-applet-netspeed-widget