Asking for a new project

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Wed Jun 1 19:32:05 BST 2022

If you're aiming to compete with Krita and try to siphon users away from
it and towards your fork instead, then you are producing what's known as
a "hostile fork" and I very much doubt that Krita's developers will be
interested in helping you with it.

If on the other hand your fork is simply a development area for you to
send merge requests to Krita's main repo, then relations are likely to
be friendly and they will probably be much more open to your proposals
and merge requests.

Nate