Asking for a new project

Bourumir Wyngs bourumir.wyngs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:26:14 BST 2022

Sorry, I was not expecting that my message will go to the big mailing list,
initially assumed this will be directed to some person responsible for
handling the new project proposals. The request to send the message to this
address can be found at https://community.kde.org/Incubator.

Speaking about the "big button", I am a Krita contributor and already have
the fork with multiple branches containing my merge requests under review
and others. I wanted to keep this existing fork separate from the much more
independent project, there is nothing pretty in branches from the two
projects in one repository. Because of that I have registered the proposed
project separately but you are right, one of the ways to proceed would be
to take a master branch of my fork as  a master of the independent project.

I would be surprised if Krita developer team would be willing to help me
reach the users but who knows? It is obviously possible to post to they
mailing list as well. The C++20 code, they are unlikely to merge any time
soon.